Important Announcement

L.E. Velocette & www.leveloclubforum.org.uk Latest News

Moderators: david, MarkT, fab, fido

fab
Site Admin

Important Announcement

Post by fab » Mon May 30, 2022 2:47 pm

Important Announcement

The Club’s new web site has been launched. Our Chairman Andy Smith, Secretary John Beck and our new Spares Secretary Bob Williams, have reported on progress in recent OTLs. Now the site is in operation, we are confident it will transform members’ contact with the Club.

The two main changes achieved by the new site concern membership and the ordering of spare parts. First, membership: joining the Club and renewing your membership will from now on be an on-line process. We have for some years encouraged members to set up a standing order to pay their membership fee, and this will in future be our preferred way for the Club to receive annual payments. However, card payments will still be available for those who cannot or do not want to use standing orders.

Second, ordering spare parts: this will again be an on-line process – and is similar to how many organisations sell their products nowadays. The old paper parts stocklist has been replaced by digital pages, backed up by photographs of each item. By clicking on each part required and adding the quantity, a shopping basket of items will be built up. The system calculates the amount of postage to pay, providing a total that can be settled by card.

The Club has vast stocks of new-old-stock and second-hand items that are not listed on the regular parts list. The Spares Team at Bullers End are hoping that a good take-up of the new on-line ordering system will free up sufficient time to allow them to start sorting, cataloguing and on-line listing these; thus making a far wider range of parts accessible to members. Until then; the existing Order/Enquiry forms and paper-based processes will still need to be used.

As the site develops, lots of other services will be added. For example, if you let us have your e-mail address, we will contact you about club events including branch activities. New spare parts will be added, along with our extensive stock of second-hand items.

We hope you enjoy exploring the new site and will value your thoughts and comments.

To help, here is a list of common questions and answers:

Q. How do I access the new site?

A. Go to: https://le-velo-club.com

Q. Will there be ‘Members’ and ‘Spares’ areas – and how do I log into these?

A. The public area will be open to everyone and will provide an introduction to newcomers and those who may wish to join the Club. The private area will be for members only and will be password protected.

The access details are as follows: - select ‘MEMBERS AREA’ in the menu bar. Type your surname, followed by your club Membership Number – for example ‘Pickwick39’. Your club Membership Number is printed on the address slip which you receive with your club magazine. Then type the password ‘leclub’ – note that it needs to be in lower case.

This process will enable you to access the Membership or Spares areas, where you can carry out such tasks as renewing membership, ordering and buying spares.

Q. Can I contact someone because I do not have internet access?

A. To assist in the initial stages we will have a helpline. This will be managed by John Dodd and Peter Walker – our outgoing and incoming Membership Secretaries. Contact John at memsecren@virginmedia.com or telephone 07555 102 311. Otherwise, Peter at 07879 458 381.

Q. Can I pay by cheque for spares and membership?

A. No. Again, in the initial stages we will have a helpline to assist with these issues. See above.

Q. How do I order spares?

A. Once you have opened the Spares pages, follow the ordering instructions.

Q. Whom do I contact if my copy of OTL does not arrive?

A. Let Colin our editor, know: editor@le-velo-club.com

Q. Will OTL be available on the website?

A. We will be placing recent sample copies of the magazine on the site, to give prospective members a taster. Current members will receive the magazine by post as before.

Q. What will happen to the old club web site?

A. http://leveloclub.org.uk/joomla/index.php will continue for a while. We will be transferring information from the old to the new website over the next few months, so you may need to check both sites for information.

Q. Will the Forum continue as a separate site to the main Club website?

A. Yes. Because it is not constrained by the OTL publishing dates and deadlines; the Forum will also be used to quickly inform as many members as possible of progress and issues with the new online system. Those members not using the Forum may rest assured that the next available issue of OTL will include similar information.

Q. Have the contact details for the committee members changed?

A. Some have changed, and some have stayed the same. Details are given on the “Contacts” page of the new website and the cover of OTL will be updated as soon as it is practical to do so.

Q. Will visitors still be welcome at Bullers End?

A. Yes. Members are welcome to visit Walsall and meet the Spares Team. Opening times do vary so you might want to contact the team before travelling, as sitting outside is not a particularly entertaining way of spending your time!

Q. Will I still be able to buy and collect parts in person?

A. Yes, but please place your orders on-line if possible as this is a more efficient use of the team’s time.

IMPORTANT

Because so much will depend upon the club having your correct e-mail address will you please send an e-mail to our new Membership Secretary Peter Walker membership@le-velo-club.com so that an up-to-date list can be created and entered on the Club’s database. Please respond urgently.

Please note: the list of member’s e-mail addresses will be for the sole use of the Club’s officers to run the Club successfully. Your address will not be shared with anyone else. By supplying your e-mail address, you are agreeing to the L.E. Velo. Club Ltd using it to contact you solely on Club related business and issues.

Dennis Frost – on behalf of the Club Committee